Re: type of users in a unix environment

huib wrote:

> It is possible to make a 'distinction' between experiencent and starting
> users in software by:
> - ask the user to categorize himself so the software adapts (displays
> more or less buttons).
> - hide options (put all the specific options in a 'configuration' menu)
> - let the user drag and drop buttons to the default window
> -...

This came up about a year ago I remember w.r.t. the configuration system --
which options to show and which not to show -- since there are _so many_
things you can tune on your computer (down to the number of syn retries) ...

--
Michael T. Babcock (PGP: 0xBE6C1895)
http://www.fibrespeed.net/~mbabcock/