Re: User interface suggestions

> Calum Benson wrote:
>
> Cute, although they certainly didn't immediately strike me as being
> clickable buttons-- but I'm sure Jo(e) User would work it out
> eventually  :o)

Yeah - I made a similar mistake when tarting up the sample I just posted. I
think a 'living' example would be more helpful. If you have mouseovers,
you're fine (although that's cheating quite badly).

> (Although there is no obvious keyboard interface, which would be an
> accessibility issue for an industrial-strength desktop).

Underscores to show key-bindings, I guess. GNOME is pretty relaxed on the
accessibility features at the moment - which I'm sure you'd know all about,
coming from Sun! I'm glad you guys have found a needy area to put some
brains into. :) GNOME will be all the better.

> But imagine trying to design (and use) dialogs if every button in every
> dialog looked like that,

ARGH! Can you say 'Wintendo'? ;)

- Jeff

-- jdub aphid net ----------------------------------- http://slug.org.au/ --

        Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so
                     cold of heart as never to express it.