Re: why I don't use GNOME

"Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero" wrote:

> Left handed people, right handed people or both kinds? Was culture
> examined (directions of writing, ie) or all persons where from same
> culture (Western, probably)?

The last time I saw this was in Scientific American and I don't remember if
culture was examined although it is quite possibly cultural (left->right reading
based, etc.).  I don't remember and segregated study done based on left vs. right
handedness, and we all know which way would be biased toward if they didn't
bother checking that ;-).

> They lost with MS, did not they? And won patents is not the same that
> hold them in court. As well as country X with patent about Foo no the
> same than country Y where patent does not exist yet, or is unable to
> exist.

Assuming they don't have patents in Sweden or even Canada (I have no idea),
someone there could handle that part of the UI ...?  They did win for look and
feel of the physical machinery of the iMac, which the courts hopefully continue
to think is a different ball of wax than the GUI.

> Aah, no thanks, using SF with "own" theme (images mine, source based
> in smaker).

I'm actually quite happy with BlueSteel on E.

http://www.fibrespeed.net/~mbabcock/linux/screenshots.php

--
Michael T. Babcock (PGP: 0xBE6C1895)
http://www.fibrespeed.net/~mbabcock/