Re: Virtual Directory Structure

Good question.  And after all discussion, I'd really want to say that
"home" is a nice name, much easier to remember / type than "User
Directories" (or "Documents and Settings" -- whoa, so ugly..).

The organization of the Linux filesystema makes it much more easy to
maintain than e.g. a Windows system, where everyone may store the files
wherever he wants.  It takes little time to get familiar, but has some
advantages, after all.. so why hide it from the user?  If, for any
reason, Nautilus won't start at some point, and the newbie hits "ls /"
in a terminal and sees all that, he will say "Gosh, where are my
files?".  Really, I think you shouldn't hide the original file names.

Cheers,

/*   -*- Mishoo -*-         In the beginning there was nothing,
 *  mishoo websci ro      which exploded.   (The Big Bang Theory)  */