Re: Questions

delmar watkins wrote:

While more "shell" oriented, why not make a shell like Kermit or Cisco IOS?
Basically, if as long as you don't have another command that starts with the
same letters, you can abbreviate.  Say that you want to do a list of
directories ("ls").  Well, instead of having to memorize "ls", you can
simply type, "list" and there you go.  However, as long as no other command
starts with "li", then you could also type, "li" and it would autocomplete
the command to "list" and run.

Ever used Bash?  ;)  That is what the tab is for!

--
"One trend that bothers me is the glorification of
stupidity, that the media is reassuring people it's alright not to know anything. That to me is far more dangerous than a little pornography on the Internet." - Carl Sagan