Re: Questions

On 22 May 2001 14:09:05 -0700, Alan wrote:

> The reason for the hitting edge thing was to do with virtual desktops.  Under
> a mac you have only one desktop, so your mouse can be shoved as far "off" the
> edge of the screen as you want, but when I move my mouse to the edge, it pops
> off into another desktop :)

What I would really like is that it only pops up into another desktop if
the mouse has a certain speed. Then I wouldn't accidently move to
another desktop and could use the edge of the panel.

The current solution to this is a delay, but I don't want a delay if I
/want/ to another desktop. /Then/ I want to go there at once. On the
other hand, I /don't/ want to go to the other desktop, if the mouse is
hanging around at the edge and I accidently move it.