Re: 2.4 still relevant?

> mån 2003-12-29 klockan 12.36 skrev Åsmund Skjæveland:
> > I've backported a few of my translations for HEAD to gnome-2-4. But
> is
> > there really any point to keep doing so? According to the release
> > schedule, there's not going to be any more GNOME 2.4 releases, so it
> > looks like any effort directed at gnome-2-4 is wasted.
>
> Yeah, I think 2.4 is more or less obsolete now, and that almost all
> translation efforts should go into 2.5/2.6 now. I've ignored 2.4 myself
> for the last round of updates that I've committed for other translators.

It is easier to translate 2.4 first and then merge 2.4 strings with 2.6.

Instead of translating bigger .po, translator translates smaller one first
and then translates rest of the strings in 2.6. And you get two branches
translated instead of one.

I think when debian sarge reaches stable, it will contain gnome 2.4 and
not gnome-2.6. 2.4 translations will be used there. I think, even now
Sarge/testing contains more gnome translations than Gargnome 0.27.1 build.

--
Tomas