Re: plural

tor 2003-02-20 klockan 23.29 skrev Reinout van Schouwen:
> I came across this message:
>
> #: src/stickynotes_applet.c:144
> #, fuzzy, c-format
> msgid ""
> "%s\n"
> "%d locked note"
> msgid_plural ""
> "%s\n"
> "%d locked notes"
> msgstr[0] ""
> "Plakblaadjes\n"
> "%d blaadje(s)"
> msgstr[1] ""
> "Plakblaadjes\n"
> "%d blaadje(s)"
>
> I've never seen the plural mode before. Is the right way to handle
> translate this to put the singular in msgstr[0] and plural in msgstr[1]?

That depends on the plural rules for your locale. If it's the same as in
English:

  Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=(n != 1);

then it's as you say; the singular form of the translation should be in
msgstr[0] and the plural form of the translation should be in msgstr[1].

You also need to remember to add the Plural-Forms: statement to the
header of the po file if it's not already there. If it's the same plural
rules as in English, use the example line mentioned above.

Christian