Re: gnome status pages again

tor 2003-07-31 klockan 01.26 skrev Noah Levitt:
> Anyway, this seems like a bad idea. You can't expect the
> maintainers to drop you a note, they have enough to worry
> about.

Indeed. Also, all the files are in CVS, so there are all possibilities
for automatic change notification already. For example, you could
subscribe to cvs-commits-list, and then filter out the changes that
affect gnome-i18n/status/data/translation-status.xml, which is the file
that controls the content of the status pages. No need for human
intervention to get automatic notices about changes (which is simply not
feasible).

Better yet, by automatically retrieving this file (regularily or only
when there are changes), you could make your own status pages be
automatically updated...

> If the main status pages are not good enough, they should be
> improved. I'd encourage you to contribute your changes back
> to the status page maintainers. Then everyone can benefit
> from your work.

Indeed, that's also an aspect of it worth to think about.

Christian