Re: "TRUE" in GConf key descriptions

Åsmund Skjæveland <aasmunds@fys.uio.no> writes:

> Should the substring "TRUE" in GConf key descriptions be translated, or
> is this key value a special string value that needs to be exactly "TRUE"
> or "FALSE"?

No.

> from gtk:
>
> #: gtk/gtkaction.c:222
> Whether the action is considered important. When TRUE, toolitem proxies
> for
> this action show text in GTK_TOOLBAR_BOTH_HORIZ mode.

This is for plain C, though. There is probably a line somewhere in the
source code for GTK+ with:

  #define TRUE 1

The use here is sort of slang. I would suggest you either choose the
literal "TRUE" or translate it to "sand" (or whatever you call true up
there :-).

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/