Re: Icons of program

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Tony 'Merc' Mobily wrote:

> I admit I've been thinking about it for quite a while, without finding a
> solution. The "more elegant" idea would be to put stuff in the executable,
> but it would be too ridicolus.
And it's probably not portable to everywhere we want to go tommorow *g*
> Then... arghhh...
>
> Shall we give up, and stop hoping to keep the reference to the icon after a
> damn "cp"? :-|
Yes and no.
-> Do cp with the GUI -> works always.
-> Do cp with the GNU fileutils -> works after someone patched them to
   work with this setup.
-> Do cp on a non GNU based system -> remember to copy the file. That's
   why I'd prefer name prepended with a dot -> .name doesn't show by
   default, and it's still in the same place to copy.

Andreas