Re: Install program

Marc> Eventually it'll have a nice little drop target so you can drag
Marc> stuff from gmc and grpm will handle all the dependency resultion
Marc> (ie, locating other requires RPMs) and installation.

>> I think double-clicking on an RPM in gmc should start the tool in
>> this mode.  That way it really will be like InstallShield -- only
>> better.

Ben> But what if you're not root?  As far as I'm concerned, there are
Ben> deep issues involved in installing software.  As far as I'm
Ben> concerned, software should be compiled and tested by a user, but
Ben> installed by root.

Ben> How is this problem being solved?

What is the problem exactly?  This GUI won't give a user the ability
to do anything he can't already do.  Or are you saying that the
program will be useless because most users won't have permissions to
do RPM installs?

Tom