--ORB vs -ORB options in mico

I installed gnome by means of the snapshot rpms from the other day
(the ones with the broken panel) and then built mico.  The problem I
have is that micod and related programs are expecting to be started
with --ORB* options, but when it tries to (say) activate a server, it
starts that with -ORB*.

I found Tom Tromey's patch to make it use -- throughout at

http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~aschultz/mico/mico-devel/1998-03/msg00049.html

(mico mailing list archive) which I'm about to apply, but I'm
wondering what the Right Way is.  I'm using RH5 and gcc 2.7.2.3, for
what that's worth

-dan