Re: An ORB for GNOME?

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Better to code bindings from C++ to C than invent a new ORB, code it and
> test it from scratch...  ACE's TAO is optimized, tested, supported, and
> free.  You can't get much better than that.
>
> There are tons of C++ bindings for C libraries (GTK-- for example).  All
> this is is a bridge from C to C++.  There is nothing wrong is going the
> other way as well -- C++ to C.

Perhaps you're right! Would you be willing to take on this project? Right
now all the gnome hackers are busy with getting the panel & file manager
working...:\ We also don't have the experience in writing C++ to C
bindings like it sounds you do.

-- Elliot					http://www.redhat.com/
Chicken Little was right.