Re: (preliminary) announce: gnome (un)packing tool

>   if anyone has some good ideas on what should (and should not) be
> included in a compression tool, let me know .. at work, i use winzip all
> the time, so at the moment, i'm aiming towards a 'winzip clone'.

I would actually like the MC's vfs code to be enhanced to support
read/write external file systems instead of read-only ones.  That way
creating a new package would simply be a matter of tagging the files
and copying it to the new destination: zip:/tmp/somefile.zip

Miguel.