Re: Sound Events

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 glauche@bigfood.plum.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   are there any plans to include "sound events" in gnome ?
> i.e. when closing a window or so
>
> Are there any mixing (with hardware support) audio servers
> out there ? It would be neat if we could cache the sounds
> in awe/gus memory and play them via /dev/sequencer ..

i think this should be a gtk issue, not just Gnome. don't forget, there
will be lots of gtk apps that don't want to deal with Gnome.

as of right now (and probably for a while to come),

gtk == stable
gnome == unstable pre-pre-alpha
|        / |/ /_ __/ /_____         |       Nuke Skyjumper               |
|       /    / // /  '_/ -_)        |         "Master of the Farce"      |