Re: European Days of Multimedia ...

Really, if you want just a "simple demo" just to show off and then take
off your system, I'd go with the RPMs.  If you want this to be a
longer-term investment, go with the CVS tree compiled on your own.
However, there are no guarantees that it will actually work; if you need
them, there are source snapshots at ftp.jimpick.com.  I wrote a CVS guide
that a lot of people have said was very helpful; it's located at:

http://www.cinternet.net/~soren/gnome/cvs.shtml

                Soren Harward               | Windows 95/98 DOES come
 Internet Information Systems Administrator | with a tool to recover
               Cinternet, Inc.              | from Registry
 Voice: 891-1228        soren@cinternet.net | corruption.
      http://www.cinternet.net/~soren/      | It's called 'FDISK'.

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Sven wrote:

>i plan to 'exhibit' a linux box this weekend on the 'Journee Europeenes
du Multimedia- Strasbourg'.

>I would have liked to install gnome on it, together with a nice window
manager.

>I never installed gnome before, and i know only the look of it through
this mailing list and the web pages. But i think it is important to show
the people who will attend that there is something else beside windows and
macos.

>So i would be interrested in hint on what is best to install, and from
where ? a actual snapshot (will it work) or the .20 gnome binaries that
are in redhat or debian.