RE: gnome-db 0.2 is ready

> > Maybe we could elaborate on this, so that every Gnome app uses this to
> store
> > its configuration, and yet
> > they would all use the XML component the same way, without having to
> have a
> > dedicated one for each of them
> > (only a specific set of callbacks).
>
>   one possibility is to integrate the parser in a daemon program and
> have it comminicate with the application using Corba (Orbit). That avoid
> duplicating the functionnality and allow extra handling due to the
> centralized
> execution.

	I didn't check the archives, but I believe at one point that someone
was discussing (it may have been Miguel) integrating, or at least
interfacing to, libPropList. libPropList is used by WindowMaker to store
settings for various applications and window manager attributes into a
GNUstep directory structure. AfterStep does the same thing.

	I don't know if anything ever came of this suggestion, but it sounds
like we are starting to revisit the whole idea once again. It certainly
would be nice to be able to store/integrate into an existing functionality,
even if you go sofar to extend the existing system, in this case
libPropList, to support features needed but not available. I hate seeing the
KDE/GNOME camps reinventing the wheel or coding from scratch for everything
needed in the system architecture.

	Anyone?

	-j