GNOME 0.27 is released

GNOME 0.27, the sequel to the ill-fated Drooling Macaque release, has
just been released.  This version is mainly a compilation fix release.
The GNOME team would like to apologize to users who had trouble
compiling version 0.25 due to improperly built packages.  This version
has been tested for proper compilation, so people should not have
problems with it.

Please note that GNOME 0.27 is a development release and is not
intended for a stable or production system.  We would appreciate bug
reports either in this mailing list or in the GNOME Bug Tracking
System, available at http://www.gnome.org/cgi-bin/bugs.

Where to get GNOME 0.27:

	Tar files are available at:

	ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/v0.27

	We expect to have glibc RPMs sometime soon.  Other people are
	welcome to send us binaries/packages in other formats (contact
	webmaster@gnome.org for that).

	The GNOME source code is also avaiable trough Anonymous CVS,
	check the GNOME web page for information on retrieving this
	release (CVS tag name: GNOME_0_27).

More information is available at http://www.gnome.org.

  The GNOME Team