Re: SGML editor (Re: minor FAQ announcement)

Mark Galassi <rosalia@cygnus.com> writes:

|   Lyx is not an SGML editor, since it has hardcoded knowledge of one or
|   two DTDs and not a general DTD parser (emacs+PSGML mode instead does
|   it right).

Exactly.  I'm dreaming of an editor which is capable to do entity and
"id" management.  In addition it should offer different views of an SGML
document and kind of an outline mode.

|   But if they put in (even hard-coded) support for DocBook, the world
|   will be quite happy.  I think they are working on it.

Is a URL available to check this out?

--
Karl Eichwalder          S.u.S.E. GmbH          Fax       +49-911-3206727
ke@suse.de               Gebhardtstrasse 2      Mo & Th      13:00-18:00: