Re: Imlib requires shared memory extension for compile

Miguel de Icaza writes:

 > > ->  Wonder how difficult it'd be to port Linux to the 88000? ;-)
 > >
 > > it coudl be posible..
 >
 > The 88k is a specially hard architecture to port a kernel to.

Nah, the difficult bit is finding a machine which could use the kernel
once you've written it.  It uses page tables almost identical to an
i386 and has more logical registers and better exception handling.
I'd try myself if I had even the slightest idea how the peripherals
were connected to this thing...