Re: help with gtk/gdk/imlib

> If you are writing some sort of board game, it may be much easier to
> use the GnomeCanvas widget :-)  Please look for examples of its use in
> gnome-libs/test-gnome.  I'll be happy to help you with it if you have
> any questions.

thanks for your comment. i'm not sure if the cnavas item can help me:
the first (atari, 12 years ago), second (pc/turbo pascal, 10 years ago)
and third (linux, tcl/tk, 2 years ago) implementations always worked
with copying graphics to the board. the games works not by moveing things,
rather saying "up/down/left/right" (cursor keys were used), and then several
things move at the same time.

but i'm printig the canvas api, and maybe i can used it in the second rewrite.
btw: can you also give me a hint :
 - getting/reacting on keystrokes
 - event timeing: the tcl/tk implemtation relied heavily on the after
   function, to do some thing every second. i could need some way to say
   "generate that even in xxx <miliseconds>".

andreas