Pixmaps and LANG environ variable

The story:
After upgrading from redhat 4.2 to redhat 5.1 the stock-demo in the
libgnomeui looked funny. All pixmap derived images had the correct
shape, but were just black. After many recompiles, i cleaned out my
install directories and started from the beginning. Still no
change. Then i remembered an odd bug in older SCO unix systems with
internationalization and i realized that my LANG environment variable
is set to de_DE or de_AT (depending on what i'm doing). Unsetting the
variable brings back the images.

Conclusion:
Something in the xpm parser is foul. I suspect the parsing of the
color table or anything else. I'll try to take a closer look into
this but i don't know if i'm able to find this bug.
--
Michael Lausch/g.a.m.s. edv dienstleistungen gmbh
See my web page <http://www.gams.net/~mla> or query PGP key server for PGP key.