Re: gtk+-perl and enlightenment

Greg Fall <gmfall@engin.umich.edu> writes:

> Has anybody found a way to install the latest enlightenment RPMS with the
> latest gnome RPMS?
>
> gtk+-perl-0.2-4, the version offered along with e, is not compatible with
> glib-1.1.2-1 and gtk+_1.1.1-1 and their -devel packages, and I can't find
> a newer version.  And that's as far as I've been able to get.

The combination should be fine, since the different versions
of GTK+ have different library names.

I think the following should work:

 * Temporarily remove the GTK+-1.1 RPM's with 'rpm -e', and also
   the -devel packages. (You may need to use the --nodeps
   option when removing these RPM's if you have other packages
   that depend upon them)

 * Install the gtk+-1.0.x and glib+-1.0.x RPM's, but not
   the -devel packages. (The 1.0 and 1.1 development packages
   conflict.)

 * Install the GTK+ and glib 1.1 RPM's with 'rpm -i', _not_
   'rpm -U'.  'rpm -U' would remove the 1.0 packages, but you want
   to leave them around.

Then the gtk+-perl RPM should install and work.

Regards,
                                        Owen