Re: MAJOR BUG!!!

Owen Taylor <otaylor@redhat.com> writes:
> Todd Graham Lewis <tlewis@mindspring.net> writes:
> > reflections# /opt/gnome/bin/glib-config --libs
> > -L/opt/gnome/lib  -lglib-1.1
> >
> > Can someone please do one of the following:
> >
> > 1) take the patch to glib-config.in which I posted and apply it against
> > the anonCVS tree, or
> >
> > 2) shut anonCVS down until this known bug and the rest of the
> > discrepancies between developer CVS and anon CVS are fixed?
> >
> > There is no need for this madness!
>
> Exactly.
>
> $ glib-config --libs gmodule
> -L/usr/local/lib -rdynamic -lgmodule-1.1  -lglib-1.1 -ldl
>
> $ gtk-config --libs
> -L/opt/themes/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -L/usr/local/lib -rdynamic -lgmodule-1.1 -lglib-1.1 -ldl -lXext -lX11 -lpthread -ldl -lm
>
> When -lgmodule is needed, gmodule should be added to the glib-config
> line, as it is for GTK+. Perhaps you should try getting clean copies
> of of gtk+ and gnome-libs? Everything seems to configure and compile
> fine here.

Same here.  Things are building fine.

Of course, Todd, make sure you are getting the right definition of
AM_PATH_GLIB too.  There was a coressponding change to glib.m4, and you
may have to pass `-I /opt/gnome/share/aclocal' to `aclocal' to make it
look for the newer version there.

BTW, Owen, GTK+ is not totally blameless: if you use the
--with-glib=... configure option, glib-config is not called with
`gmodule'.  In this case however, I doubt that Todd used --with-glib
when configuring `gtk+'.

- Hari