is GNU gettext now a required prerequisite for GNOME?

=== [gnome-libs/make] make
cd . && aclocal -I macros
aclocal: configure.in: 61: macro `AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1
=== [gnome-libs/make] Error 2
=== [gnome-libs/make] all commands failed.  Stop.

I've been relying on --with-included-gettext because the choice is upgrading
gettext to a new version that breaks everything else in ECE vs. saving some
space in GNOME.  Do I now have to go ahead and break everything non-GNOME to
continue?

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu