Re: is GNU gettext now a required prerequisite for GNOME?

"Brandon S. Allbery" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu> writes:
> In message <d9hfvemovk.fsf@deci.cs.umn.edu>, Raja R Harinath writes:
> +-----
> | Yes, gettext 0.10.35 is a requirement.  I had a couple of misgivings,
> | but I think it simplifies some things for us.
> +--->8
>
> Will the intl/ subpackage be going away at some point, then?

I guess it won't go away: it just won't be listed as a submodule for
most gnome packages.  So, it won't be fetched automatically when you
checkout a gnome module.

You should probably be able to do what the modules mechanism did
automatically:

	cd /path/to/gnome-libs
	cvs checkout intl

if you want the `intl' subdir from the CVS repository.  However, this
will be totally unsupported (not that it was supported before :-).

- Hari