Re: solaris port

+----- From: Tommy Reilly <tpr@neog.com>
| Has anybody had any luck getting gnome to run on Solaris?  I'd like to
| give it a whirl and was wondering if anybody knew how
| possible/impossible of an undertaking this would be.  Thanks,
+--->8

Aside from the fact that large parts of GNOME are in flux and therefore often
don't work *anywhere* until the next CVS checkin :-) it works fairly well.
There are some missing features, such as the fact that none of us Solaris
users has had the time to sit down and teach libgtop how to get e.g. process
information, and {,g}tcd doesn't seem to like the IDE CDROM in my Ultra 5,
but this is all a matter of someone having the time to sit down and make it
work right.  The panel and most applets do work, however, and I even had E
running for a bit (but I didn't like it --- hey, I run a minimalist fvwm2
configuration; glitz doesn't impress me :-)

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu