Gnome-libs and Gnome-core are frozen

Hello,

Gnome-libs and Gnome-core are now frozen on CVS.  I have created a
"GNOME_STABLE" branch for each.  The idea is to

	- Not make any API changes in this branch, and only put in
          bugfixes.

	- Continue bleeding-edge development on the HEAD branch, as
          always.

People who want to fix bugs (please do!) need to do the following.

	a) If you already have a gnome-libs or gnome-core checkout, go
	to their respective directories and do a

		cvs update -r GNOME_STABLE

	on them.  This will set a sticky tag on your side for the
	stable branch.  Only bugfixes will be accepted; people who
	make API changes will be skinned and dipped in alcohol :-)

	b) If you want a fresh checkout, do

		cvs checkout -r GNOME_STABLE gnome-libs gnome-core

The idea is to fix bugs on the frozen modules for some time, and when
they are rock-solid, we'll put out the big 1.0 release.  Developers
are *strongly* encouraged to fix whatever bugs they find.  If you are
not sure your bugfix is correct, please send it first to gnome-list or
gnome-hackers so that other people can review it.

*Many* thanks to all the Gnome developers and contributors who have
made the freeze possible.  1.0 will be fantastic.

  Federico