Re: Life after the GNOME freeze

> The first is this:  Do people want to have separate icons for
> things like *.png, *.xpm, and *.jpg files, rather than one
> general "image" icon?

Well, this is already done.  We can change it later if we dislike this
approach.  In the long run (when we get the background thumbnail
creation) the images will actually be thumbnails of the images
contained (the code is there, and a sample make-thumbnail program is
shipped, but it needs to be done in the background).

> I was also wondering if there are any palette issues I should
> worry about if I cook up an icon.  Can I make images with
> huge palettes and have Imlib sort it out, or should I restrict
> the number of colors used?

Use as many colors as you need.  Imlib will indeed sort it out for
you.

> I threw one example up at my site at

The icons on that page have broken links, can you fix those?

Best wishes,
Miguel.