Re: Control Center

This may be veering off topic a little bit, but to any of y'all at
RedHat:  linuxconf (which is written in gtk, right?) suffers from this
same poor design.  A new tab is generated for every tree item you select
and pretty soon the left side of the contol center window is an absolute
mess (in it's "current" (Redhat 5.2) state it expands the window for
every new tab that is added; so if you select half a dozen or so
configuration options from the tree -- a perfectly reasonable scenario for
an administrator doing some heavy duty configuration -- your window is
wider than all three of your virtual desktops :-).  I think Dan is
definitely on to something here.  The "useability" of this design could
definitely use some improvement (I'm wimping out and posting this as a
"user/beta-tester/focus-group-member" and not a "coder" :-).

shane