Re: gmc

> > bash$ new-instance gmc
> >
> > Which will do the right thing.
>
> Yuck! that does not seem sane, but then of cource, that could just be me :)
> What is the advantage? What exactly does this new-instance thing do anyways?

new-instance will contact the gnome-name-server corba service and see
if a copy of the file manager is already running.  If it is, we get
back a handle to the factory CORBA object and we ask the factory to
create a new window.  If the file manager factory has not been
started, the gnome-name-server will launch gmc for you.

So, it is the right approach without kludges.

(Now, I just need Elliot to rename goad-browser --with-repo-id to
new-instance).

Miguel.