Re: Kernelconfiguration with control-center ui ?

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   Yes, but I think his point is that you could integrate the tree-structure
> of the kernel configuration tool into the Gnome control-center.  Like the
> subtrees already there.  I think this is a good idea but it would be tough
> to do (and maybe tough to keep in sync with kernel development but I
> don't think the config structure changes very often..)

I would think that one should be able to have a generic enough parser
which would be able to roll with the punches of the new kernel.  It is
pretty much in a parsable format as is.  Just parse linux/autoconf.h and
Documentation/Configure.help and you're set.

>   On another note, it just occured to me that there are a lot of times when
> a Gnome program might need superuser priviliges.  With the freeze it's

There should be no times...  If the program needs to do root things, then
run it as root.  If not, then it probably doesn't need to be doing
anything as root.