STABLE lib and core

With the STABLE branch of gnome-libs and cores in CVS server,
which version of glib and gtk+ should I use? I'm using
the newest 1.1.9 and the result is a very slow version of
gnome. And what's the development relationship between
gtk+ and gtk-engines. Is there a 1.1.9 version of gtk-engines?
Right now, it's extremely slow using pixmap theme.

Another question. I never got a clean exit of any gnome (gtk)
application. It always reports segmentation fault when
I exit them. Though seems no harm, quite annoying.

ne more question. What's the order of compiling
gnome-libs and libgtop? Do they interferece with each other?

thanks
xun