Re: UI Rantings [was: Re: gmc and file-selection mockups]

hi,

"James M. Cape" <jcape@jcinteractive.com> writes:

> window, yes, but arbitrarily deciding what keyboard shortcut to use
> because Windows happens to use it is dumb, IMO. Think Abstractly! If Gmc
> should have the ability to refresh itself, why not with CTRL+R? That

Ctrl-L (couldnīt resist :-)

but, what about the idea of making the fileselection  a component?
Then everybody can use whatever he/she likes. The interface is not
that difficult that this would be impossible.

Or what about themeability. Would it be possible to exchange the
complete fileselection dialog within a theme? Then the redmond95 theme
could get a win-like fileselection and so on...

Or back to components: Would it be possible, when changing a theme
also change the default component for that theme?

I think that is the way to go. Same goes for all other higher level
widgets. Letīs make them components, which can be changed up to users
desire.

But I think, this was already discussed to death, or?

Dirk