Re: UI Rantings [was: Re: gmc and file-selection mockups]

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, James M. Cape wrote:

> > Ok, then should there be context sensitive menu's associated with files
> > at all?
>
> >From the Open/Save Dialogs? Not in my opinion. A redesign of them is
> inevitable to deal with things like sort methods, date/time displays,
> etc. I just want to make sure it doesn't get blown way out of
> proportion. :-)

How about just making the file manager be the open dialog, if it
is running? Opening a file would be a drag-drop operation and there
would be no problem of creeping featuritis in open dialogs because
all the stuff would be there already.

I for one find open-dialogs very uncomfortable and would love to be
able to have at least an option "open file dialog = just a drag&drop sink
and pulling the filemanager on top".

	Tuomas