Re: UI Rantings [was: Re: gmc and file-selection mockups]

This is actually one approach I was thinking about.  Either through
CORBA or glib plugins.

If these discussions have proven anything, it is that people have very
different concepts of how they relate to their computer.  I'll try to
refrain from saying any one is better than another if it gets the job
done, really I will :)

Although this would allow technically for mixing of environments (as you
mentioned KDE or GnuSTEP dialogs) into GNOME, it would be a bear to try
and standardize on an interface for any given object.

Not to mention that multiple environments causes inevitable problems
trying to keep configuration and look&feel consistant.  It is all well
and good that you could likely /make/ all your applications look pretty
much alike, but the difficulty in doing so should be minimal.

As a result, I am still a proponent of a "One Desktop to Rule Them All"
that allows for infinate configurability but a consistant framework.