Re: GMC Network

Just as a FYI, I am part of a group who plans on writting a standalone
GNOMEified samba config/browser/mapper.  While I can see it being cool to
have it integrated into gmc, the project is for a class, and we have
already submitted the proposal.

There is no reason for the two not to coexist, and like I said I think
integrating smb it into gmc (if done well) would be cool.  I unfortunetly
have the mental baggage of associating this with explorer, where "browsing
the network" can lock up the whole UI (part of our original reason to make
it standalone, the other part being that I didn't know gmc existed when we
wrote up the proposal last semester).

Right now we are still in the planning stage, so if people have ideas,
opinions, now is the time to voice them.  We won't actually begin until
the end of Jan (when classes start) but I am really hoping to have some
code out by late Feb (hmm, though unsure if that is allowed, since it is
a class project, would accepting patches be considered cheating :)

-chris

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > And it must support SMB. Samba would be a good thing to tie into GMC.
> > Personally I hate SMB compared to NCP but I cant do anything about that at
> > work.
>
> Various people have showed interest in writing an smbfs for mc, but so
> far nobody has done it
>
> Miguel.

Christopher Rogers      Stevens Institute of Technology
gandalf@pobox.com       http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf
Find my PGP PublicKey - http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf/CDR.asc

Top 20 Replies by Programmers when their programs don't work:
#16. It must have a hardware problem.