Newsreader (Was RE: Mix of Ideas ...)

>Just last night I was thinking about this. I was asked sometime ago to
>create a Web <-> News interface (very low priority project so I'm just
>about to start picking it up) with requesites like that, so i thought I
>could have 2 versions: the Web one and a Gnomified one. My only problem is
>that i've never done nothing using gtk (can it be done using C?), but I'm
>willing to start working on this (Warning : It will be done slowly, I have
>a full time job with a very big project in hands and the boss is breathing
>down my neck right now... but there is another person here who is also
>interested in working with me on this ).

Well, I think (do not take this seriously, I have not do anything with GTK)
that coding GTK is like C, with some modifications, like gchar instead of
char and so on. The rest of thing are widgets to show things and interact
with the user (read FAQ or ask a experienced coder). I am not the best
person to speak about GTK or C. :[ Do someone ahas a way to dump knowledge
person to person? :P

>So if you are interested just let me know...

I am Gnome-interested. :]
After exams (only one left!!!) I have to set my Linux again (upgrade,
dowload all the Gnome RPMS, etc etc). Every time something new goes out, I
will try to test it. Hope "bug reports" are usefull.

No coding yet sorry... Ohhh but if someone needs POV-traced image, like
icons, I can try to do it for him; also Gimp 2D, of course.

GSR