Gnome Session Manager Name Re: Is DPS a first-level component of GNOME?

>Jim> * GSM (Gnome Session Manager, now just called Gnome,
>Jim> unfortunately)
>Why "unfortunately"?  I had suggested this a while back, and Miguel
>wrote to say he thought it was a good idea.  That's why I changed it.
>The idea behind the change is that this is the program that starting
>users will first run (i.e., from their .xinitrc).  So it makes sense
>to name it "gnome".

Gnome project, gnome program... overloading names does not seem correct for
me. How many newbies will be confused?

GSM sounds like digital mobile telephony, ITHO.

What about MasterGnome, GnomeKernel, GnomeCore, GreatGnome, GnomeLeader or
something in that line?

GSR