Re: Menu UI issues

Allow icons to be embedded in the menu bar as well.  Maybe even allow
menu entries in a toolbar.

Just make a menu bar a special kind of tool bar.  One that provides
access into the menu structure of the application.

Keeping menu structure seperate from UI is important if you want to do
document linking and embedding.