Choosing a gnome mailing list

It is extremely apparant that the majority of the common posters to this
list are unaware that there are lists for discussing gnome besides
gnome-list@gnome.org.  Either that, or they are being incredibly rude
and ignoring the existance of these other lists...  :-/

So I'll be the grumpy fellow who tries to restore the signal/noise
ratio on this list to something sane.

The lists are:

  gnome-announce-list@gnome.org
    If you can't figure out what this list is for, it's time to
    unsubscribe from all the gnome lists...

  gnome-components-list@gnome.org
    Discussing component issues.  This includes corba-izing apps,
    talking about corba implementation issues, etc.  If it has to
    do directly or peripherally with corba, it probably belongs
    here.

  gnome-gui-list@gnome.org
    GUI issues that DO NOT have to do with themes.  In particular,
    most of the massive gnome-list threads that over that past few
    days that have been causing people to unsubscribe in disgust
    belong on gnome-gui-list.  (If they belong anywhere at all...)

  gnome-themes-list@gnome.org
    Discussing theme ideas, implementation, etc.  If it has to do
    with themes at all, it belongs here, not on gnome-gui-list.

  gnome-list@gnome-org
    This list.  Anything that DOES NOT belong on the other lists.
    Please note that anything that belongs on the other lists
    DOES NOT belong here.  "How do I gnomeify my nifty-keen new
    application?" belongs here.  At least until we get
    gnome-gnomification-list@gnome.org up...  ;-)

    Messages telling people to post in other lists shouldn't belong
    in gnome-list, except that people haven't been posting to the
    correct lists...  <sigh>

DO NOT CROSS-POST BETWEEN THESE LISTS.  Especially do not cross-post
between other lists and gnome-list.  If you want to bring people's
attention to a thread that is happening on another list, post a
notice on other lists telling people to come join the discussion,
but please do not cross-post.

I'm not the list manager or anything, just a disgruntled reader tired
of pressing the "d" key.

Note the Reply-to. Yes, /dev/null.  Only an idiot would make a thread
of this...

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/