Re: gnome-libs failing to compile

Chris> Right now, gnome-libs doesn't compile on my readhat machine.
Chris> It's just missing a -ldl to the link line, so adding it to the
Chris> Makefile manually works just fine.  Unfortunately, I've never
Chris> used anything beyond autoconf so I'm not so sure where to add
Chris> the dependency.  If someone can give a quick explanation of how
Chris> it works if it's not too much of a pain, I'd personally
Chris> appreciate it.  The link is below.  Thanks!

This works fine for me.

Here are some things to check:

1. Make sure everything is up-to-date

2. See if `DL_LIB' was set correctly when you ran configure.
   Here's one way:  grep DL_LIB config.status
   Mine shows this:

	s%@DL_LIB@%-ldl%g

   If this is wrong, it is a bug in configure

3. See if `LIBGNOME_LIBS' has -ldl in it.
   grep LIBGNOME_LIBS config.status
   Mine says:

	s%@LIBGNOME_LIBS@%-ldl%g

   If this fails, you probably haven't re-run autoconf recently.
   I think $DL_LIB was only put into LIBGNOME_LIBS recently.

4. See if gnomeConf.sh has -ldl in `GNOME_LIBS'.
   If not, I don't know what the problem is exactly.
   But you can fix it by rebuilding and reinstalling gnomeConf.sh.

5. If none of these are the problem, get back to me and we'll
   try to find something else wrong...

Tom