Re: MIT-SHM Extension

>  I just built gnome-libs for Solaris SPARC.  When I run anything, I get
>
>  ** WARNING **: MIT-SHM Extension not availible on server
>
>  What is MIT-SHM?  Is this the same as Xext?  (I have Xext; maybe this is
>  a configure problem)

The MIT-SHM extension lets you create XImages whose data is on a
shared memory segment, thus making them very fast as there is no
need to transfer them between client<->server (if they are running on
the same machine, of course).

What you are getting is not an error.  It's just an annoying warning
from Gdk.  I think it should be removed soon.

  Quartic