Re: Portuguese port

   As i had announced i now have somehing close to a portuguese port (not good
   for release yet!). I did it on gnome 0.12 but now i have a question :

Because GNOME distribution is splitted, the po file is also
splitted...  And the more programs are internationalized.  It would be
better to work on CVS version.

	   I changed the makefile in the po directory. Then i made the
   portuguese files. Installed them. Run configure again. make all again, but
   the gnome apps still como in english! So how do i force the thing to compile
   in portuguese. I believe it has something to do with my locale settings, but
   i'm not sure ...

Did you add `pt' to configure.in ?  (You need not change the makefile
in po directory.  It is generated by configure.)

About locales..

$ set LANG=pt_PT
$ export LANG

will make the programs speak in Portuguese.