Re: Gnomescape...when?

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Joel Dillon wrote:

> > xkahn@conman ~> finger malda@slashdot.org
> > [slashdot.org]
> > in.fingerd: error in loading shared libraries
> > libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: Too many open files in system

>   This looks like a problem at your end, not slashdot.org ;) Try
> shutting a few programs/files down

	Maybe...  But I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary, and my
system was functioning fine with no load.  Also, when running the finger
program, does it use the local in.fingerd?  It shouldn't since

telnet slashdot.org 79

produces the same result.  Also, such an error SHOULD be reported in
/var/log/messages but was not.
						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.