Re: Free QT?

Joel Dillon <emily@cornholio.new.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> > * moc -replacement to convert Qt's signal-slot format to gtk--'s
> > syntax for same thing (I expect this to be very easy to do - I
> > volunteer for doing this)

>   Hmm..the moc might be quite complex; the documentation seems to suggest
> that it actually parses C++. Still, I'd be happy to hear how you get on;
> the moc doesn't actually need to be done anytime soon because (I presume)
> translating code with it doesn't make that code subject to QT's copyright;
> indeed code translated with the moc, and thus not needing it to compile,
> would be free software.

You might want to look at the Open C++ (pre-)compiler at

<http://www-masuda.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/openc++.html>

to faciliate building the mop.  From the README:

** What is OpenC++?

OpenC++ is an extensible language based on C++.  The OpenC++ MOP
(metaobject protocol) is the extension interface of the language.
Through the MOP, the programmers can customize the language to
implement a new language mechanism and a new (source-code level)
optimization scheme.

OpenC++ helps people who want to develop better C++ libraries, that
is, easy-to-use and efficient ones.  It also helps people who are
developing their own extended C++ languages.  OpenC++ can be regarded
as a toolkit for constructing a C++ preprocessor.  For example,
OpenC++ even helps develop a new runtime MOP for C++ like OpenC++
version 1.  The sample directory includes sample code for a very
simple runtime MOP.

  Matthias