Document-oriented interface

Hi everibody!
Thank you all for a great job for Gnome!

Sorry for maybe quite stupid question.

I've found two similar ideas conserning document-oriented interface
under Ideas/Proposals section of Gnome homepage ( btw, I can no more
access to Kenneth Pedersen's page http://unix1.hials.no/~kp/gnome/DCI.html,
but I've managed to read this in good old days... )

So, the quiestion is: what is the destiny of these ideas? Are they going
to be implemented? Are they implemented already?

I've installed gnome-0.20 on RedHat 5.1 but did not find anything
similar to the described behavior.

May be I just do not understand how to properly operate gmc?

Thank you for your patience,
  Tima.