Re: Gnobots - Robots game for Gnome

On Thu, Jul 02, 1998 at 12:31:32PM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> >> I have written a Gnome version of the BSD 'robots' game which
> >> includes the ability to have multiple animated themes for the robot
> >> and player graphics, and includes a safe teleport option so you
> >> don't die purely because of bad luck.
>
> BTW, my favorite version of robots (called "Daleks") had a nice
> feature: the sonic screwdriver.  You could use the sonic screwdriver
> once per level; it vaporized all the robots immediately around you.

A nice variation (that I have only ever seen on a SystemIII box) was
autorobots - the robots dont wait for you to make your move! You do get a
chance to outrun the robots though, because the player move can happen between
each individual robot move (ie player, robot1, player, robot2, player etc)

> Tom

- Dick