Re: Clearing out session list

beirne@neo.lrun.com wrote:
> Gnome is working well for me except for one problem.  When I start up gnome, I
> end up starting up a bunch of old sessions that no longer exist, like a real
> audio player I used 3 days ago and 5 xterms.  How do I clear out the session
> list, and avoid accumulating new ones beyond the windows that I leave open
> when I log out?  I'm using RedHat 5.1 and fvwm2.

Same problem here with Debian and fvwm95.  The only solution I found, was
replacing the xterm (or other undesired program) entries in ~/.gnome/session
by /bin/true, so that /bin/true is invoked instead of xterm in the next
session.  For that trick to work you have to leave gnome and make the
modifications from a text console (urgh!).

A bug somewhere in the session manager must be causing this, but I have no
idea about X session management to attempt to fix it by myself.

Regards,

M. S.

Martin A. Soto J.                           Profesor
Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Computacion
Universidad de los Andes      masoto@uniandes.edu.co